As moms, we are always disciplining our children. We all have different approaches to discipline, both because our children each need different approaches and because we are different from other moms. Nevertheless, we seem to forget about that advice when it comes to ourselves and our business.
How many times do you repeatedly tell your children not to procrastinate? How much effort do you put into scheduling them for homework, play, dinner, and rest? How much effort do you put into scheduling yourself? It is most likely that you forget all about this when it comes to your Real Estate Business. Chances are, your always working and forget about breakfast and lunch for yourself, and you lose sight of what your priorities are and start procrastinating.
Here are some steps to help you discipline yourself and make sure that you are staying on track with your Real Estate Business goals and personal goals. But first, schedule yourself at least 1 hour a week to make sure you are on track with your self-discpline.
1. What do you want? Specifically chart out what you want for your Real Estate Business and yourself. Do you want to be the most successful Real Estate Agent in your area? Write down exactly how many sales it is going to take to do that.
2. Make a date. Create a deadline for yourself that is reasonable and clear for this long-term goal. Also, create smaller, sub-deadlines for yourself and every sale that will bring you closer to your ultimate goals.
3. Project it. Make a master project list to break down every step that it will take to achieve your goals. This includes your yearly goals, quarterly goals, and daily goals. Even if you have to write down who you’re going to call every day, that is one specific way of getting closer to your goals.
4. Organize your project. Decide what’s an A priority, a B priority, and C priority. You can have multiple priorities as A’s, B’s, and C’s. Then, decide what order you’re going to finish each priority.
5. Take action. Do it! Commit to completing at least 5 priorities every day. A lot of times we just try to do things, but committing yourself to doing and achieving your priorities will make you feel more accomplished every day.
Follow these steps and you will undoubtedly be closer to being the most successful Real Estate Agent in your area, or whatever you want to achieve.
Real Estate, Business and Life Coach Cheri Alguire has partnered with hundreds of Real Estate Professionals and Small Business Owners to help them become more successful in business and in life. Coach Cheri specializes in Group Coaching for Small Business Owners, Working Mothers, Real Estate Agents and Managers.
Do you want to take action in your Real Estate Business?